M35Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEGA35 ZONE IS THE BEST ZONE FOR DOWNLOADING GAMES

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

m35zone
m35zone
Admin

LIKE : 5
https://m35zone.forumotion.com

Postm35zone Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Versions of Windows 8 and beyond provide a built-in capability of mounting ISO image files on a virtual drive. Versions of Windows 7 and require third-party software in order to create a virtual disk drive capable of mounting ISOs. Once the image is mounted onto the virtual drive, you can install a game much like using a real disk. The following methods will allow you to understand how you can create a virtual drive, how to mount an ISO image file and how to install a game from the ISO file for all versions of Windows.

method 1:Installing from an ISO in Windows 8 and Beyond

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34610

Mount the ISO file onto File Explorer. File Explorer in modern Windows operating systems allows you to mount an ISO file to a virtual drive. Right-click an ISO and click on “Mount.” The ISO will automatically be mounted to a virtual drive and will open a new File Explorer window showing the ISO’s contents.

• If you do not see a new window, open File Explorer by clicking on the Folder icon on the taskbar or press the ⊞ Win+E keys. In the left panel of the File Explorer window, click on “This PC” to show all drives and virtual drives.

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34611

1-Run the setup program. The program may feature a “Setup.exe,” “Install.exe” or “Autoexec.exe” to run the installer program. Double-click on these files to run the installer.

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34612
2-Follow the setup prompts to install the game. If the game requires the disk to be present for the game to run after installation, make sure the ISO is mounted in the virtual drive.

method 2: Installing from an ISO in Windows 7 or Before

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34613

1-Download virtual disk drive software. Earlier versions of Windows do not natively support disk mounting and require third party software to accomplish this task. Search online for terms such as “mount iso” or “virtual disk drive” and read reviews to determine the best software to use. Some software may be available for purchase or offer free versions.

• Use caution when looking online for software. Reading reviews can help you obtain trustworthy software that won’t cause harm to your computer.
  • Some programs provide support for other ISO file types. If the file type is not supported, you can search online for conversion software to convert into a compatible file type.

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34614

2-Install the software and open the program. Run the setup program of the software you chose and follow the installation prompts to install the software on your computer. Once the program has been installed. Open the program from the Start Menu or from the desktop if there is an icon shortcut available.

• The software will create a virtual drive that will appear as a regular drive on your computer. This can be specified as a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray disk. Make sure the drive matches the type of ISO you want to open.
  • The program may open, but not appear as a regular window. Check the system tray located on the taskbar to see if it is open there. The taskbar typically appears at the bottom of the screen.

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34615

3-Mount the ISO to the virtual drive. In the disk mounting software, you will see a list of virtual drives that are available to mount an ISO onto. The software may provide a cataloging system that you can add an ISO to. Right-click on the ISO in the program to “Mount” it onto a virtual disk drive. You can also mount the ISO onto the virtual disk drive directly by right clicking the virtual drive and choosing “Mount.”

• You will need to browse for the ISO file on your computer. Once you mount the ISO to the drive, it will stay on the drive unless a different ISO is mounted or the ISO is unmounted from the drive.
  • You may be able to mount an ISO file from Windows Explorer by right-clicking on the ISO file then clicking on “Mount.”

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34616

4-Open the drive in Windows Explorer. Your mounted ISO appears as a regular disk drive. Right-click on the disk drive, then click on “Open” to open the drive and double click on “Setup.exe,” “Install.exe” or “Autoexec.exe” to run the installer for the program. If you double-click on the drive, you may run the “autoexec.exe” program, if it is available, that may provide a guided shortcut to install the game.

[Read me] How to Install an ISO Game File on a Windows PC Aid34617

5-Follow the setup prompts to install the game. If the game requires the disk to be present for the game to run after installation, make sure the ISO is mounted in the virtual drive.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum